As a follow-up to a post about Terry Crews from earlier this week, The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the Los Angeles police have opened an investigation after the actor and former pro football player filed a report on Wednesday claiming he was sexually assaulted.
According to THR, the robbery/homicide division, which also handles sex crimes, now has the case. No further details were given other than Crews was the victim in the report, which was filed at the LAPD Hollywood station.
TMZ interviewed Crews as he left the police station and he said he filed the report because “people need to be held accountable.” With regards to a lawsuit against the agent, the gentle giant revealed, “We’re going all the way.” When asked how much he will sue for, Crews said, “I don’t know. I have to talk to my attorneys about all that stuff.”
The suspect in the report is believed to be WME agent Adam Venit, who was put on leave from the agency in the aftermath of the allegations, which Crews outlined on Twitter.
On Oct. 10, the Brooklyn Nine-Nine star — and WME client — tweeted that a “high-level Hollywood executive” groped his “privates” at a party last year. The alleged assault happened in view of Crews’ wife. “Jumping back, I said, ‘What are you doing?!’ He just grinned like a jerk,” Crews wrote.
Crews said he told others at the party what occurred and that Venit called the next day with an apology.
Venit does not represent Crews, but he does rep comedians Eddie Murphy, Adam Sandler and Kevin James. He also reps Brett Ratner and Dustin Hoffman, men who are facing their own sexual misconduct allegations.