I consider myself a direct writer/reader, I like to get straight to the point. That being said, this will be an extremely short blog post because this recipe is way too easy.
Have you ever had carrots that literally melt in your mouth? With some fresh ingredients…this healthy side dish is perfect for holiday dinners.
The cinnamon compliments the carrots deliciously and with the vibrant orange, it makes your dinner plate that much more appealing.
My favorite facts about cinnamon
- jam packed with protective antioxidants
- reduces many forms of oxidative stress
- promotes heart health
- protects brain function
- fights infections and various viruses
- freshens breath naturally
- benefits skin health!!!
- sugar substitution
Of course you won’t see changes overnight if you intake cinnamon one or two times; but when you incorporate healthy habits in your everyday life, you will reap the long term benefits.
- 6 whole carrots, cut in half (serves 2-3)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- fresh rosemary, chopped
- fresh thyme, chopped
- fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- dash of garlic salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Wash and slice carrots in half.
- Put all ingredients into a baking dish, preferably a glass pyrex dish.
- Using your hands coat and massage carrots evenly with herbs and oil.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes, depending on desired tenderness.
- Serve and Enjoy.