It’s spring time, and what better way to celebrate the beauty of spring than hosting an unforgettable brunch paired with KORBEL California Champagne.
Hosting your friends and enjoying an afternoon together is easier than you think. If you’re looking for a quick and tasty item for your brunch menu, give Bacon-Wrapped Pears a try. This sweet and savory appetizer will delight your guests and make your brunch celebration the highlight of any weekend.
Brunch would not be complete without the perfect cocktail. KORBEL’s Vanilla Orchard features KORBEL and Apple cider infused with vanilla. Absolutely delicious!
Spring is here. Let’s celebrate! The recipes are below. Enjoy and share.
Recipes feature below:
Bacon-Wrapped Pears with Cinnamon-Sugar and Mascarpone Cheese Serves 4
8 ea bacon slices, thin to medium thickness 2 ea Comice or Anjou pears, cut into quarters length wise, seeds and core cut out 1/3 C brown sugar 1⁄2 Tbsp cinnamon, ground 3 Tbsp butter, melted 1⁄2 C mascarpone cheese 1 Tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 400 ̊F. Place a baking rack over a cookie sheet or small sheet tray lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, mix the cut pears with the melted butter, then coat with the brown sugar and cinnamon. Wrap each coated pear with a piece of bacon and place on the rack. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until the bacon has crisped and pears are tender. Remove and rest on the rack until warm.
3. Spoon 8 mounds of mascarpone cheese onto a serving plate and place a warm bacon wrapped pear on each. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and enjoy with KORBEL Vanilla Orchard Cocktail.
KORBEL Vanilla Orchard
Serving 4 Ingredients:
12 oz KORBEL, chilled 4 oz vodka, chilled 1⁄2 gallon apple cider (you’ll have plenty of extra vanilla cider for later use. You’re welcome!) 1⁄2 vanilla bean 1 ea apple ground cinnamon
1. With a small knife, split the vanilla bean down the middle lengthwise. Run the knife down the inside of one piece to scrape out the vanilla seeds. Add the seed and the vanilla pod into the cider, stir well or shake to incorporate. Allow to steep in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
2. Just before pouring the cocktail, make the garnish by slicing an apple into quarters. Lay one quarter flat side down and slice diagonally to cut out the core and seeds, then lay skin side up and cut across to create thin slices. Lay the slices out on a plate and sprinkle with cinnamon. Thread two apple slices onto a bamboo skewer or toothpick about 1⁄2 inch apart.
3. In each glass, add 2 oz of vanilla infused apple cider and 1 oz of vodka. Pour in 3 oz KORBEL. Top with a cinnamon apple skewer.
F. Korbel & Bros. Guerneville, Sonoma County, CA. ©2018 F. Korbel & Bros. All rights reserved.