Black Panther might not hit theaters until February 16, but fans eager for an early visit to Wakanda can soon check out the much-anticipated Kendrick Lamar-produced soundtrack album, which features some equally impressive artists.
Lamar confirmed last month that he was working with Top Dawg Entertainment founder Anthony Tiffith to curate and produce Black Panther: The Album. It features songs from the film and new music inspired by it, with artists like 2 Chainz, Khalid, Ab-Soul, Jorja Smith, Future, and the Weeknd all lending their talents to the project. The lead single, “All the Stars,” has already been released, and you should definitely check it out here if you haven’t heard it already.
- “Black Panther” Kendrick Lamar
- “All the Stars” Kendrick Lamar, SZA
- “X” – Schoolboy Q, 2 Chainz, Saudi
- “The Ways” – Khalid, Swae Lee
- “Opps” – Vince Staples, Yugen Blakrok
- “I Am” – Jorja Smith
- “Paramedic!” – SOB X RBE
- “Bloody Waters” Ab-Soul, Anderson .Paak, James Blake
- “King’s Dead” – Jay Rock, Kendrick Lamar, Future, James Blake
- “Redemption Interlude”
- “Redemption” – Zacari, Babes Wodumo
- “Seasons” – Mozzy, Sjava, Reason
- “Big Shot” – Kendrick Lamar, Travis Scott
- “Pray For Me” – The Weeknd, Kendrick Lamar
Black Panther is shaping up to be Marvel’s strongest superhero debut film yet, breaking records for the number of presale tickets sold in a single day, and with early reactions that range anywhere from “the best!” to “better than best!” Black Panther: The Album drops February 9, which is perfect. I’m going to need something amazing to listen to next week while I sit here and twiddle my thumbs for my Sunday 9:00 am opening weekend screening. They way things have been going, I’m lucky I even got those tickets!