When cooking mac ‘n’ cheese it can be kind of tricky because you want to make sure it comes out gooey, cheesy, and moist.
If you’ve had challenges perfecting your mac ‘n’ cheese, you’ve clicked the right link. It’s mind-boggling when something as simple as mac ‘n’ cheese can be difficult to master. My advice is when you find a recipe that works for you, stick with it.
I decided to make a small serving for Thanksgiving because our main dish was gumbo, but I still wanted a traditional dish served with dinner.
I’m glad to say all of my mac ‘n’ cheese was devoured by my family members…what left overs? I’m always looking for a unique ingredient to add in every dish. I had a half of a jalapeno from earlier in the week, so I chopped it and added it in the mac ‘n’ cheese. I loved it because you couldn’t see the jalapeno, but every now and then I had a bite with a nice kick to it. I switched it up and used macaroni shells which I also loved because the cheese melted inside each one.
Key: Use 3-5 different cheeses. A lot of butter and heavy cream. Don’t be scared when it comes to seasoning.
- 1 lb Macaroni Shells
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Heavy Cream or Half & Half
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/4 tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1/8 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
- half Jalapeno, Finely Chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Butter
- 1/2 cup Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Muenster Cheese
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/2 cup Gruyere Cheese
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs, Chopped
- 1 tbsp Chives, Chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter pan.
- Fill a large pot with water, bring to boil, add macaroni noodles and coconut oil. Cook for 7-8 minutes, or until tender. Drain well and return to pot.
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Pour melted butter into pot with macaroni noodles.
- In a large bowl, combine all cheeses.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of shredded cheeses, heavy cream or half and half, chopped jalapenos, eggs, the seasoned salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Transfer mac ‘n’ cheese to the prepared buttered dish, and top with remaining cheese, bread crumbs, and chopped chives.
- With remaining butter, cut into small squares and place on top of mac ‘n’ cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Serve and Enjoy!